Re: New key procedure

On 25 Oct 2001, James Troup wrote:

> Anybody can update existing keys but new keys will be ignored.
> Alexander's key is new.

OK, as I want to switch from PGP to GPG, I did as told (and mentioned in
the Developers's reference) and read

/usr/share/doc/debian-keyring/README.gz

Where it says

[snip]
o Sign your GPG key with your PGP key:
        gpg --load-extension rsa --load-extension idea \
            --secret-keyring ~/.pgp/secring.pgp \
            --keyring ~/.pgp/pubring.pgp \
            --keyring ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg \
            --default-key 'Your PGP ID' --sign-key 'Your GPG ID'

  If your version of GPG already has RSA included, you may omit the
  --load-extension rsa option.
[snip]

Tried that, but gpg doesn't accept the passphrase of my old PGP secret
key :-(.

I'd be happy about new proposals to fix this, as I want to avoid using the
(non-free) PGP5 to solve the problem ;-)

regards

Alex

--
People often think of research as a form of development -- that it's
about doing exactly what you planned, doing it on time, and doing it