Re: lintian - man pages

Tollef Fog Heen <tollef@add.no> writes:

> If the INSTALL file contains both building and installation
> instructions, and how to set up the package, what is then the correct
> way to handle that?
>
> Cut and paste the relevant portions into README.Debian or something?

That's obviously the most correct solution; but you should do this
only if you're comfortable with keeping this in sync with the
actual INSTALL file.

Personally, I have no problems with /usr/share/doc/foo/INSTALL that
contains set-up (or similar) information and some useless stuff. It
only annoys me if an INSTALL file is wholly useless to users of binary
packages -- e.g. GNU's standard INSTALL instructions.

--
Robbe