Re: looking for a mentor

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 09:25:05PM -0500, Lex Spoon wrote:
> Hello, I've put together a couple of Debian packages, and would love to
> contribute them to the Debian Project.  I'm willing to maintain them.
>
> However, I don't have an advocate or sponsor.  Can anyone help me out?
> For anyone who wants to peek, the packages are at:
>
> 	http://24.31.107.28/~lex/deb/

I had a look at your audiooss package. It looks very good. I noticed
that you have a changelog entry which just says:

audiooss (0.9.14-5) unstable; urgency=low

  * (closes:  bug#115194)

 -- Lex Spoon <lex@cc.gatech.edu>  Fri, 12 Oct 2001 00:20:57 -0400

This is one of the Debian deadly sins! You must say something about
what you did or some description of the bug etc. Just say 'Closing
WNPP ITP' or similar in this case.

You don't need to upload a new version to close the ITP bug though,
as you can just mail nnn-done@bugs.debian.org and say why it's
being closed.

Hamish