strange problems with testing

I want to fix bug #106690, which only exists in the testing distribution,
not in the unstable distribution. (I admit that it's probably partly my
fault that the bug had a chance of occurring in the first place, I should
have added some Depends or Conflicts lines or something, but now I can't
fix it)

Problem is:
flightgear 0.7.6 is in testing, it depends on simgear0 0.0.14 and plib1 1.2
flightgear 0.7.8 is in unstable, it depends on simgear0 0.0.16 and plib 1.4

simgear0 0.0.16 is in testing and unstable, it is built against plib 1.4
plib1 1.2 is in testing, plib1 1.4 is in unstable
(and I consider the plib maintainer somewhat clueless, 1.4 should probably
have become plib2 or something, since it's a revamped API, but anyway...)

The bottom line is, the current combination of packages in testing does
not work, and for some reason the packages in unstable just doesn't move
into testing. If they did move, that would solve the problem (and I can
try to be more vigilant with depends and conflicts next time), and as far
as I can tell, there's nothing preventing them from it, but they don't.

Does anyone have a clue why the working packages won't move into testing,
and what I can do about it?