Re: I need sponsor/advocate

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 03:16:11PM +0200, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Oct 2001 06:27, Juan Rafael Alvarez Correa wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Months ago, I've switched from Slackware to Debian, and I find the
> > project so exciting that I'd like to help and contribute to its
> > success.
>
> Excellent!
>
> > I make 3 packages:

> I've just run lintian on them, the following is the output.  Lines starting
> with "E" are errors and must be fixed before release.  Lines starting with
> "W" are warnings, but preferrably you shouldn't have many (it's best to have
> none).

Yes, i forgot this.

> Ideally packages should give no errors or warnings from lintian.  But that
> often takes lots of work (especially when the upstream doesn't write any man
> pages).

Dont worry, i worked in that.  I wrote a basically man pages and the Errors
and Warnings of lintian are suppresed.

jalvarez@peque:/var/cache/apt/archives$ lintian -i prips_0.9.4-1_i386.deb
jalvarez@peque:/var/cache/apt/archives$ lintian -i ipsc_0.4.2-1_i386.deb
jalvarez@peque:/var/cache/apt/archives$ lintian -i gipsc_0.4.2-1_i386.deb
jalvarez@peque:/var/cache/apt/archives$ dpkg -l|grep lintian
ii  lintian        1.20.15        Debian package checker
jalvarez@peque:/var/cache/apt/archives$ dpkg -l lintian
| Estado=No/Instalado/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: mayúsc.=malo)
||/ Nombre                      Versión                     Descripción
+++-===========================-===========================-======================
ii  lintian                     1.20.15                     Debian package checker

Try apt-get again in tha same URL.

> W: prips: copyright-lists-upstream-authors-like-dh_make
> W: prips: unknown-section main/net
> W: ipsc: copyright-lists-upstream-authors-like-dh_make
> W: ipsc: package-contains-upstream-install-documentation
> usr/share/doc/ipsc/INSTALL
> W: ipsc: unknown-section main/net
> E: gipsc: manpage-for-x11-binary-in-wrong-directory usr/X11R6/bin/gipsc
> usr/share/man/man1/gipsc.1.gz
> W: gipsc: copyright-lists-upstream-authors-like-dh_make
> W: gipsc: package-contains-upstream-install-documentation
> usr/share/doc/gipsc/INSTALL
> W: gipsc: unknown-section main/net
>
> --
> http://www.coker.com.au/bonnie++/     Bonnie++ hard drive benchmark
> http://www.coker.com.au/postal/       Postal SMTP/POP benchmark
> http://www.coker.com.au/projects.html Projects I am working on
> http://www.coker.com.au/~russell/     My home page

Thx.

--
Juan Rafael Alvarez Correa                    Mobile: +573-4269221
CTO Fluid Signal S.A.                           Medellin, Colombia