Re: looking for a sponsor

> Perhaps I've expressed myself a little wrong. Consider me an upstream
> developer, rather than a package maintainer. (I've only created a
> package since it's a little easier to install than a .tgz. If my
> sponsor wants/needs to create a new package from source, that's ok
> with me.)

So actually you are not looking for a sponsor, but for a debian
package maintainer? There might be some on the list eager to find new
software to show their skills as Debian Maintainers ;)

Debian Sponsorship is for upcoming debian maintainers to get their
packages into the archive, while not yet being in the keyring themselves.
It's not intended for People to bring their Software into the Debian
Archive without being Maintainers themselves. AFAIK ;)

I don't know what's the best way to do this.
Maybe have someone upload the package and then do a formal "orphan" for
the package; so Debian Developers will see this Package orphaned and
might consider adopting the package.

Greetings,
Erich