Re: looking for a sponsor

On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 03:23:59PM +0200, Admar Schoonen wrote:
> I've written a program called demish. I would like to see that package in
> Debian, but since I am not a developer (and I don't want to be one, just for
> maintaining one package), I am looking for a sponor.

I'm not convinced we should have package maintainers who aren't even
intending to become full-fledged developers; I don't think that's what
the sponsorship process was designed to achieve. Perhaps you should
remain as the upstream developer and get someone else to maintain the
Debian package, the way normal packages work?