pseudo-image-kit-2.0

I find the pseudo-image-kit-2.0 process overly complicated and
difficult to use, even for an experienced unix administrator.  The
.tar.gz also includes a static-linked i386 binary in the "unix/linux"
version -- usless on many unix systems.  (Since the binary isn't
needed for creating the cd images, it probably shouldn't be included
at all.)

If I were to write a better drop-in replacement, would it be
considered for replacment of the current version?  What package should
I file bug reports against, since this isn't a normal debian package?
(Maybe it should be, with the pi-makelist portion only in the debian
package version.)

My idea is to have a perl or shell script that does all the steps
needed to create the cd image.  If started with no options, the user
would be given a menu to select such things as the site to get the
images from.  (Possibly even defaulting to that with the shortest ping
time.)

Since I'm not yet an official debian developer, it looks like I'll
need a contact in the Los Angeles area to verify my existance.

--
Blars Blarson blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html