Re: clearing NMU fixed bugs

On Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 11:17:47PM +0300, Baruch Even wrote:
> I've taken over wvdial package with permission. The package had several
> bugs fixed in former NMUs and I've uploaded a new version to fix another
> one, but the bugs fixed in former NMUs are still marked as fixed in NMU
> instead of being marked as plain fixed.

As well as what Josip said, you'll find the bug tracking system easier
to use if you think of the final state as "closed" rather than "fixed".
The tag "fixed" has a specific meaning, and results in the web pages
saying "fixed in NMU". Closing a bug, which is what you want to do, is
distinct from tagging it fixed.