Alpha question

Hi,

I just got a bug on one of my packages, it doesn't build on alpha.
As we don't have accessible alpha machines around, the submitter was kind
enough to open an account for me in this machine and I managed to fix it adding
an extra option to ./configure in the debian/rules file, so that it compiles
against the supplied version of gettext instead of the system's version.

Default behaviour is to compile against system's gettext, and it works in i386.

Question is:
How can I tell if I am in an alpha arch and how can I add the ./configure
option if so?

This is my first time and I guess I should know better, but I have no idea.

Thanks for any input :-))

	Amaya

--
      Save the bandwidth for the windoze email worms. ;-) - Peter Gervai -
 .''`.