Re: Seeking a sponsor/advocate for libdbi

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 03:35:16PM -0700, David Parker wrote:

> I'm looking for someone to sponsor me, especially since this is my first
> Debian package.
>
> Database Independent Abstraction Layer for C:
>
> libdbi implements a database-independent abstraction layer in C, similar to
> the way DBI/DBD does in Perl.
> [...]
> Right now, I have packages for - the library runtime - the development files
> and API documentation - the MySQL plugin - the PostgreSQL plugin
>
> Packages are at http://www.neongoat.com/projects/libdbi/ Webpage and docs are
> at http://libdbi.sourceforge.net

I was looking for this functionality just recently, and was disappointed with
the available software.  Let me know when you have an initial set of packages
done, and I'll look them over for you and see about sponsorship.

I would also be interested in working on a C++ class interface to the library.
It looks like you're one of the authors; would you be interested in including
that functionality in a future release?

--
 - mdz