Re: Creation of tmp directory with buildpackage

On Saturday 28 July 2001 2:33 am, Ben Collins wrote:

> Why not make the change in debian/rules rather than in the package's
> Makefile?
>

> 	install -d debian/tmp
> 	$(MAKE) install DESTDIR=$(PWD)/debian/tmp
>
> Should do the trick.

This way I have to manually create all dirs under debian/tmp (usr, usr/bin.
usr/lib etc.). That seems like the very thing the dh_installdirs helper is
meant to do, but it only creates the debian/<package-name> dirs. Is the guide
wrong? Should I be doing this some other way?