Re: How do I control ownership of installed package files?

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Josip Rodin wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 10:21:37AM +0200, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:
> >   install: install-stamp
> >   install-stamp: build-stamp
> >         install stuff
> >         chown someuser stuff
> >
> >   binary-arch: install-stamp
> >         build package
> >
> BTW install-stamp is evil, don't use it.

I've heard that before (and taken the advice), but - as I mentioned in
another thread, much of my memory is now on a failing device...  I can't
for life of me remember why...

Why is install-stamp more evil that build-stamp (other than the fact
that the install should run much faster) ?
--
Rick Nelson
Microsoft DNS service terminates abnormally when it recieves a response