making a debian package of a php development project

Hi ppl,

I'd like to make a debian package of our php-based application, so it can be
easily installed on a debian system.
But I have a problem, it seems that you have to have at least 1 main binary
in the package (is that true?) and the project is in fact only some php
scripts and some additional bash scripts in different languages (only for
installation and administration), so I generally run an installation script
that copies the directory to the document root, makes a database and does
some extra configuring.

Has somebody got a fine link how to make a debian package out of some code
which doesn't need any compiling and which doesn't produce any binary...?
I read the maint-guide, but didn't get mush wiser...

I hope this is the right mailinglist to post this message, if not, please
inform me about which is the right one.

thx a lot,
Peter Kruppa
life.be