Re: Procedural clarification

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 11:28:50PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> New maintainer is more concerned with the fact that you actually have work
> ready when you apply.  So if you have a package ready for submission and peer
> review, submit an application.

Really? The entry form at the NM corner has this scary warning:

->
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to answer Yes to all of the questions
asked, you are not yet ready to apply to the New Maintainer process. If
you answer "yes" anyway, your AM may choose to send you back to the
sponsorship system or to put your application on hold for three months
until you are ready.
<-

('the questions asked' are: signed gpg key, package ready for review,
a willing advocate).

So which is it? I've already created the packages I'm going to maintain,
but I don't have my GPG key signed yet, nor do I have an advocate.
What's the next step?

Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

Cheers,

Neil