Re: GPG Key Signing <Pine.LNX.4.30.0106291016180.5417-100000@tennyson.netexpress.net>

Ralf Treinen (2001-07-06 12:54:36 +0200) :

> On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 11:06:49PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> 	Jimmy/James are acceptable social contractions/tranforms. I'd
>
> This might be the case for people with an American cultural background.
> People elsewhere in the world might have a doubt whether Jimmy is
> equivalent to James. I guess I wouldn't sign the key in this situation.

I concur.  I for one wouldn't sign a key for a "Jeff" if the photo-ID
is for a "Jean-François", since it could also be for a
"Jean-Philippe".  Or some other name.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Currently in Bordeaux for the Debian Conference One and the second
Libre Software Meeting.