Re: Finding a sponsor...

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 10:23:23PM +0200, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> Thus spoke Eric Kidd <eric.kidd@pobox.com> on 2001-06-27 16:00:04:
> > How does one go about finding a sponsor?
> Ask on this list :)

OK, that seems simple enough. :-)

> > I'd like to maintain Debian packages for a library I maintain (details are
> > in the thread "Packaging xmlrpc-c").
> >
> I'm having a look at them right now

I've fixed several problems in my local copy:

  1) No more links to unimplemented(7).  I've written a whole bunch of new
     man pages, which will be going into the upstream release, too.
  2) Better dependencies for xmlrpc-c-dev.

query-meerkat and meerkat-app-list are still broken, but I've traced the
bug to w3c-libwww.  Something in the PHP server's output confuses
w3c-libwww and causes it to chop off the trailing bytes of the message.

Also, I'm still not sure how to handle C++ *.a or *.so files gracefully.
It seems that Debian supports several different versions of the C++
runtime, and I need to build matching C++ *.a and *.so files for
installation with the dev package.

Is there a policy document on C++ dev libraries?

Thank you for your help!

Cheers,
Eric