Re: binary-all packaging

Looks like your debian/rules is missing some important stuff.

Here's one of mines, have a look at it, it's a tcl/tk script, no compilation.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 03:13:31AM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm on my first package. The upstream people provide just a perl script which should go to /usr/bin. I'm reading the instructions of the maintainer's guide (/usr/share/doc/maint-guide/) and all the steps and examples are desgned for creatinga binary package from a source tarball.
>
> I've tried to configure this file myself, but when i issue the command 'dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot' i always get the same error:
>
> dpkg-genchanges: failure: cannot read files list file: No such file or directory
>
> What am i doing wrong? I guess i have a problem in my rules file. just in case i post it here too:
>
> --------------------------------------./debian/rules
> #!/usr/bin/make -f
> # Sample debian/rules that uses debhelper.
> # GNU copyright 1997 to 1999 by Joey Hess.
>
> # Uncomment this to turn on verbose mode.
> #export DH_VERBOSE=1
>
> # This is the debhelper compatability version to use.
> export DH_COMPAT=1
>
> build:
>
> clean:
>
> install:
> 	dh_testdir
> 	dh_testroot
>
> 	# Add here commands to install the package into debian/tmp.
> 	mkdir -p `pwd`/debian/tmp/usr/bin
> 	/bin/cp `pwd`/esms `pwd`/debian/tmp/usr/bin/
>
> # Build architecture-independent files here.
> binary-indep: build install
> # We have nothing to do by default.
>
> # Build architecture-dependent files here.
> binary-arch: build install
>
> binary: binary-indep binary-arch
> .PHONY: build clean binary-indep binary-arch binary install

Eric VAN BUGGENHAUT

Eric.VanBuggenhaut@AdValvas.be
#!/usr/bin/make -f
# GNU copyright 1997 to 1999 by Joey Hess.
# GNU copyright 2000 by Eric Van Buggenhaut.

# Uncomment this to turn on verbose mode.
#export DH_VERBOSE=1

# This is the debhelper compatability version to use.
export DH_COMPAT=2

configure: configure-stamp
configure-stamp:
	dh_testdir
	# Add here commands to configure the package.

	touch configure-stamp

build: configure-stamp build-stamp
build-stamp:
	dh_testdir

	# Add here commands to compile the package.
	#/usr/bin/docbook-to-man debian/s25manager.sgml > s25manager.1

	touch build-stamp

clean:
	dh_testdir
	dh_testroot
	rm -f build-stamp configure-stamp

	# Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
	dh_clean

install: build
	dh_testdir
	dh_testroot
	dh_clean -k
	dh_installdirs

	# Add here commands to install the package into debian/s25manager.
	install -d debian/s25manager/usr/bin
	install -m755 -o root -g root s25manager debian/s25manager/usr/bin/s25manager

# Build architecture-independent files here.
binary-indep: build install
	dh_testdir
	dh_testroot
#	dh_installdebconf
	dh_installdocs
#	dh_installexamples
	dh_installmenu
#	dh_installemacsen
#	dh_installpam
#	dh_installinit
#	dh_installcron
	dh_installmanpages
	dh_undocumented
	dh_installchangelogs
#	dh_link
#	dh_strip
	dh_compress
	dh_fixperms
	# You may want to make some executables suid here.
#	dh_suidregister
#	dh_makeshlibs
	dh_installdeb
#	dh_shlibdeps
	dh_gencontrol
	dh_md5sums
	dh_builddeb

# Build architecture-dependent files here.
binary-arch: build install
# We have nothing to do here.

binary: binary-indep binary-arch
.PHONY: build clean binary-indep binary-arch binary install configure