License question for truncate.sty (got from CTAN)

Hi,

I would like to include a style file, truncate.sty with my package, pdfscreen.

I quote from the file :

% truncate.sty  ver 3.5   15-Aug-2000    Donald Arseneau
% This LaTeX program is released to the public domain.

Does this mean that I can distribute this program in accordance with
the DFSG. There is no implicit license, just this statement which says
that the file is released to the public domain.

Would the file be still copyrighted by the author ?

viral

--
There's someone in my head but its not me.