Re: Adding device file to /dev.

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 01:01:15PM +0530, Viral wrote:
> intel-rng-tools requires /dev/intel_rng, which is not installed by
> makedev. I believe its not a good idea to use mknod in the postinst
> scripts. How would I go about doing this then ?
>
> Currently, its just an instruction in README.Debian.

You should use the /sbin/MAKEDEV script to generate the device. If
MAKEDEV doesn't support your device, file a bug against the makedev
package.

AFAIK it's acceptable that you use mknod in your postinst until
support for the device gets added to MAKEDEV.

So file your bug today and see whether you can get #100000! :-)

Cheers,

  Richard (who just got #99725)

--
  __   _