Re: pure-ftpd: zombie postinst under debconf

joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr said:
>> This is weird, because the only thing left in the postinst is:
>>         [orr](0) % tail /var/lib/dpkg/info/pure-ftpd.postinst
>>         # End automatically added section
>>         # Automatically added by dh_installinit
>>         if [ -e "/etc/init.d/pure-ftpd" ]; then
>>                 update-rc.d pure-ftpd defaults >/dev/null
>>                 /etc/init.d/pure-ftpd start
>>         fi
>>         # End automatically added section
>> Does anyone know what could cause this?
> Debconf. Redirect the output of the init script to stderr, that is, add >&2.

Is there a way to have debhelper do that? Or should I just not be using
debhelper for this and put correct code in the postinst myself? And if
so, is that a bug in debhelper? I would think it should be
debconf-aware, or at least have the option to be.

Jason