Re: 2 packages sharing the same config file.

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 03:06:26AM +0200, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> This is the message I got from A. Bunk who handed me the package :
>
> >It's your package. One thing you could do when you start working on it is
> >to remove the conflict between xabacus and xmabacus - there are better
> >solutions in Debian when two packages share the same file.
> >
> >cu
> >Adrian
>
> I'm just looking for the 'better solutions' he mentions but still clueless. Any
> hint ?

I don't know the details here, but can't you just modify the package to use
seperate config files for each binary so they no longer conflict?

The only other thing I can think of is to put the common files in one
package and have the other dependant on it... That might not be a good
solution though.

Just wanted to throw that out for comment...

-- Brett