Building on arm.

Hi,

I have packaged a program, vcdimager.
It doesn't build on arm because it uses bitfields, and gcc on arm doesn't
seem to pack bitfields. I tried to use -mno-bit-align to force it, but
the option is not recognised by gcc on arm.

Is there a way to get around this ? The ideal way would be to get rid of
the bitfields altogether, but that would take a non-trivial amount of
work, and is on the TODO list.

Is it possible to make the package available only for specific arches, such
as i386, alpha, powerpc etc. and not arm. Whether this is right or not is
by itself another issue. What would be the right thing to do ?

Thanks,

viral

Please cc: me replies posted to debian-devel.
I do read debian-mentors however.

--
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.