Re: Easy way to exclude an arch from a package?

On Mon, 21 May 2001, Gordon Sadler wrote:

> On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 04:57:56PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Hi all,

> > I may just be looking in the wrong places in the developers' documentation, in
> > which case I apologize in advance.  I'm adopting a multi-binary package, one
> > of whose binary packages won't build on the alpha architecture currently due
> > to a compiler problem.  I'd like to build the other packages (which all work
> > fine) for the Alpha, so that they can be uploaded to unstable, and I'd like to
> > explicitly exclude Alpha for that package so that nothing tries to build it
> > until I can find a fix.

> > Is there a way to say 'all except alpha' on the Architecture: line in
> > debian/control?  Or do I need to list out all the architectures I /do/ want to
> > build it on?

> What about this in the control file:
> Package: xxx
> Architecture: any [!alpha]

Doesn't work.  I checked the code of dpkg-gencontrol (dpkg-dev 1.9.6), and
there doesn't seem to be any way to do this in the Architecture: line.  Your
options are 'any', 'all', or a space-delimited list of valid architectures.
<shrug> Well, I'll make do...

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer