Making package.

Hi guys. I'm trying to put together a package that contains a single
binary program and have followed all the steps in the New Maintainor's
guide and have managed to form the binary package. For some reason when I
do:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot it compiles fine and asks me for my gpg
password which works fine, but for some reason it says that source package
will not be included.
One thing that I notice when I run lintian -i it tells me that the program
should have a man page. What do I do if this program didn't shop with
one. This program has its documentation in different files.

This package is just a test package I'm doing to get in to the debian
project as a developer. Thanks.
Tommy.