Re: Re: source NMU

* Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> [20010517 18:31]:
> > > Are you planning to set up an autobuilder for s390?
> > Yes, I am currently working on it.
>
> Would you be willing to grant developer accounts on such a system?  I am very
> interested in working on the s390 port, but I don't have any hardware to work
> with, and Hercules is way too slow on my Intel system.

Gerhard currently cannot run an autobuilder on S/390 either.  He built
his packages under Hercules so far.  However, he is trying to get
access to a S/390 system.

Also, Chu-yeon Park has a S/390 and is willing to give out accounts.
However, not before the end of June.  Another possibility might also
be IBM's Community Sysem (see
http://eltoday.com/article.php3?ltsn=2001-05-07-001-14-PS-LF).  Since
you are root on the system, it should be possible to chroot in a
Debian system and build packages there.  Or am I missing anything?

P.S.  Let's move this discussion to debian-s390@lists.debian.org
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com