Re: .deb packages including kernel modules?

On Tue, 15 May 2001 07:40:10 +1200, Andrew McMillan
<andrew@catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
>It seems to me that the best packages to model on would be things like alsa, pcmcia
>and i2c which all have a source package (so that people can compile their own
>modules) and a modules package, with modules compiled against currently released
>kernels.

All three of these packages are quite large packages with a lot of
framework. Actually, I was hoping that there is a package that simpily
includes a kernel module, for example a network driver, that I could
simply cannibalize for my e100 package.

Also, the kernel-package docs mention that there is infrastructure for
module packages which I didn't find documented :-(

Greetings
Marc