Re: dh_testroot ?

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 10:33:39PM +1000, Drew Parsons wrote:
> Thanks for your responses, all :)
>
> Setting the file permissions properly seems to be the main need for the root
> build environment.

A lot of packages used to test for root access in the clean target too.
That was standard practise before we had fakeroot.

I suppose when you were building as root (non-fake), you would end up
with directories owned by root, so it made sense that you would need
root access to clean up as well.

Now it's just an annoyance. Only the binary target needs root access.

Hamish