Advice needed on changing upstream source.

I have a problem.  The Webmin distribution consists of various modules.
It has periodic numbered releases.  It also has unnumbered updates of
individual modules between releases for bug fixes etc.  What do I do?

1.  Don't package the updates

2.  add updates to both the debianized source and orig.tar.gz.  reupload
    the orig.tar.gz with -sa

3.  add updates to the debianized source but not the orig.tar.gz

4.  Treat each module as an individual upstream source and update each one
    independently.

5.  Invent my own versioning scheme

Of these:

1. is a non-starter.  Sometimes there are important bug fixes in the
   updates.

2. Is what I'm doing however I got a nastygram from debian installer
   saying I can't reupload orig.tar.gz

3. could work but could make potentially huge .diff.gz's

4. would make a lot more work for me and invalidates upstreams idea of
   what "webmin" is.

5. would confuse users and and be hard to keep uptodate.

So what do you think?

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>