Re: debian infrastructure out of sync? where's the reference debian package archive?

T.Pospisek's MailLists wrote:
> A user reported to me that he can't find libstl for unstable. I checked
> and it was available on my mirror and I told him so thinking maybe it was
> a problem with pools and the package being somewhere in the middle of a
> transfer. Upon which he later reported that it even wasn't available on
> the main debian server (ftp.debian.org). I checked again later and it was
> there, but:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/text/xxdiff.html
>
> is still listing libstlport as NOT AVAILABLE, but:
>
> http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=libstl&searchon=names&version=all&release=all
>
> on the contrary says it's there.

No, it doesn't.

It says that three packages with 'libstl' in their name are available.

Maybe Joy could improve the frontend to make use of provides as well?

Regards,

	Joey

--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        - Linus Torvalds