Re: ChangeLogs and a pure debian package.

Manuel Estrada Sainz:

> The first problem is that I generate the changelog automaticly from CVS
> which seams too big and verbose for a debian changelog but I am not
> suposed to have an upstream changelog in a pure debian package.

Well, I "cheat" myself, with both a standard changelog and a Debian
changelog (and so does dpkg, BTW). To do this, I install the files
myself, not with debhelper:

    cp -a ChangeLog debian/tmp/usr/share/doc/{package}/changelog
    cp -a debian/changelog debian/tmp/usr/share/doc/{package}/changelog.Debian

in debian/rules.

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

  Statement concerning unsolicited e-mail according to Swedish law:
  http://www.softwolves.pp.se/peter/reklampost.html