ChangeLogs and a pure debian package.

 Hello all,

I am packing a program (VisualOS) which I am the author and upstream
maintainer (pure debian package?) and I have a couple of problems.

The first problem is that I generate the changelog automaticly from CVS
which seams too big and verbose for a debian changelog but I am not
suposed to have an upstream changelog in a pure debian package.

Should I pretend that it is not a pure debian package and add a "-1" to
every version?

Currently I have three "Changelogs" NEWS ChangeLog and debian/changelog
	o ChangeLog: verbose CVS autogenerated.
	o NEWS: Resume off all changes.
	o debian/changelog: debian packing related changes.

What should I do.

The other problem is versioning. The last released version is 1.0.2,
would it be ok if I use version 1.0.2.YYYYMMDD and distribute current
code?

Thanks in advance

	Manuel

	Manuel Estrada

	Ranty@atdot.org
God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, courage to
change the things we can, and wisdom to know the difference.