Re: dh_installinfo and --section

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Decklin Foster wrote:

> Lintian has recently started giving me warnings like this:
>
> W: yafc: install-info-not-called-with-section-option
> N:
> N:   It is a good idea to specify a section for the location of your
> N:   program; this is done with the --section switch. To determine which
> N:   section to use, you should look at /usr/share/info/dir on your system
> N:   and choose the most relevant (or create a new section if none of the
> N:   current sections are relevant).
> N:
> N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 13.2 for details.
> N:
>
> I have 2 questions:
>
>  - I'm using dh_installinfo to write the install-info call into my
>    maintainer scripts, which produces something like:
>
>       install-info --quiet /usr/share/info/yafc.info

   In your .info file, you cat put these lines at the top

INFO-DIR-SECTION Editors
START-INFO-DIR-ENTRY
* fancy_editor: (fancy_editor.info).           Fancy editor description.
END-INFO-DIR-ENTRY

   And then install-info will be able to determine the description to
use, and dh_installinfo will add the correct --section flags for you.

   Adam