Re: packages with binary 'source' files

* Corrin Lakeland <lakeland@freki.otago.ac.nz> wrote:

> I'm trying to package a program (gnubg) that generates a binary file
> >during compilation.  However this upsets dpkg-buildpackage which
> >can't diff between the current version and the .orig

This means, that you have to fix "make clean" to remove this file.

Why should the debian.diff contain this binary file, that is not part
of your port to Debian, but a result of compiling the package?

As the diff is generated at the very beginning of dpkg-buildpackage,
this means that it was left over from a previous compilation and make
clean is broken to not remove it.

Ciao,
        Martin