Re: how to build a package conditionally?

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 01:10:19PM -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> What I am proposing is a source package that generates *both* a "main"
> and a "contrib" .deb.  What would the autobuilder do with that?  In
> fact, how would the autobuilder even know that is the case?  The
I guess it depends on the source only. If the autobuilder finds the source
in main, it builds the package. If its not in main, it does not know about
it. If your package creates also a contrib deb, I think the source can not
be in main, right? So it will not be autobuilt.

You were asking for geomview? Its in the needs-build list on m68k, buildd
tried it but (seems the web interface does not work anymore?):

Automatic build of geomview_1.8.0-5 on kullervo by sbuild 1.152
Build started at 20010305-1546
Fetching .dsc file...
** Using build dependencies supplied by package:
Build-Depends: debhelper, autoconf, automake, flex, bison, lesstif-dev, libgl-dev, tetex-bin, texi2html
** Filtered missing central deps that are build-essential: libstdc++2.10-dev
** Filtered missing central deps that are dependencies of or provide build-deps: mesag-dev, xlibs-dev (>= 4.0.1-11)
**** Warning:
**** The following central src deps are (probably) missing:
  groff, tcl8.0-dev, tk8.0-dev
[...]
Checking for source dependency conflicts...
libgl-dev is a virtual package provided by: xlibmesa-dev mesag-dev libutahglx-dev mesag3+ggi-dev
Using mesag-dev (selected in sbuildrc)
  /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/apt-get $CHROOT_OPTIONS -q -y install lesstif-dev libgl-dev texi2html
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
Package libgl-dev is a virtual package provided by:
  xlibmesa-dev 4.0.2-4
  mesag-dev 3.2-1
  libutahglx-dev 0.0-cvs-20001110-1
  mesag3+ggi-dev 3.1-12
You should explicitly select one to install.
E: Package libgl-dev has no installation candidate
libgl-dev is a virtual package provided by: xlibmesa-dev mesag-dev libutahglx-dev mesag3+ggi-dev
Using mesag-dev (selected in sbuildrc)
[...]
# Add here commands to configure the package.
CFLAGS='-O2' ./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=\${prefix}/share/man
--infodir=\${prefix}/share/info --without-xforms
[...]
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for Xmu... yes
checking for motif... configure: error:

Can't find Motif header file Xm/Xm.h.  Geomview requires Motif
(or Lesstif).  See the file INSTALL.Geomview for details.

Hmm? lesstif-dev was installed...

If this package also builds with xforms, you have to mention it with the
build-depends? Plus, I think (policy experts correct me) the source does not
belong into main. But I think in that case, you should compile it yourself
on an m68k box (or maybe ask the xforms maintainer)

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/