Re: building binary-only package with different name?

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 01:34:07PM +0100, Peter van Rossum wrote:

> Yes, of course, and that is what I did. But the actual question was:
> how do I get dpkg-buildpackage to give the potato version a different
> *name*? Just renaming the files gives problems with the signature on
> the .changes/.dsc files.
With the changelog entry? Make one for potato and one for woody. the potato
version get something with potao in the version number, the woody get a
higher version number, without potato. Happens all the time, look in
potato-proposed-upgrades.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/