Re: keeping files from one version to the other.

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 09:26:55PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> In the current crafty (17.13-3) these files are conffiles (look in
> debian/conffiles or debian/crafty.conffiles), which means that they will only
> overwrite the existing versions if they have not been modified or the user
> requests it.

and the user would be insane to request it... perhaps you should install
them to doc/crafty/examples, and use postinst to check if they should be
upgraded?  if so, mv them to the proper location in /var.

same thing is done for ppp's provider peer/chatscript files.

Mike.
--

                      Michael Beattie (mike@ethernal.org)

                     <seeS> hmm, anyone good with SQL here?
                   <elmo> err.. sees.. we usually ask you :-/