dh_installdeb & postrm

Hi,

>From what I understand of the doc, debian/tmp/DEBIAN/postrm is generated from
debian/postrm.debhelper.

Now if I add a line to debian/postrm.debhelper, everytime I re-build my package
(dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot), this line is erased. Where do I have to declare
my cutomized commands ?

man dh_installdeb doesn't help and is a bit confused :

>       dh_installdeb  automatically  installs the following files
>       from debian/ into the DEBIAN directory:
>            package.postinst
>            package.preinst
>            package.postrm
>            package.prerm
>            package.shlibs
>            package.conffiles
>
>       The postinst, preinst, postrm, and prerm are handled  spe-
>       cially:  If  a corresponding file named debian/script.deb-
>       helper exists, the contents of that file are  merged  into
                                       ^^^^^^^^^^
debian/script.debhelper ?

>       the script as follows: If the script exists, then anywhere
        ^^^^^^^^^^
debian/script.debhelper again ??

File merged into itself ?

>       in it that "#DEBHELPER#" appears, the text  of  the  .deb-
>       helper  file  is  inserted.  If the script does not exist,
                                            ^^^^^^^
debian/script.debhelper ?

>       then a script is generated
             ^^^^^^^^
presumably debian/script.debhelper

>       from the .debhelper  file.

from debian/script.debhelper, right ?

I don't get it. Can anyone help ?

>       The .debhelper  files are created by other debhelper programs,
>       such as dh_installmenu(1) , and  are  shell  script  frag-
>       ments.

Thanks

--
Eric VAN BUGGENHAUT