RE: Package checking

On 23-Feb-2001 Sam TH wrote:
> I'm an illustrious member of the NM queue, and have completed a
> package that I would be very grateful if people would check for me, to
> make sure that I haven't missed anything. It produces no errors or
> warnings with lintian.
>
> The package is uf-view, and it's a GNOME based viewer for the User
> Friendly comic strip.  Packages are available (src and i386) at
>
>     deb http://samth.dyndns.org/debian ./

$ lintian --version
Lintian v1.20.6
$ lintian uf-view_1.2-2_i386.changes
E: uf-view source: package-uses-debhelper-but-lacks-build-depends

since INSTALL is gzipped, my INSTALL file check fails, thanks for finding a bug
in lintian (-:

since you have NEWS saved as changelog.gz, NEWS is redundant.

you also fail to install a menu file.  I am coming up with a lintian check for
packages linked to X and not installing one.  So you reminded me of another bug
(-: