Re: Building packages

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 nexus@cotse.com wrote:

> Hello. I have two, simple, questions about building a Debian package using
> dh_make and dpkg-buildpackage.

[...]

> Second question, when using dpkg-buildpackage, it creates the diff. But when
> I've changed a few files (such as .c ones) and have some change files in
> different directories in the source tree (say .../foo and /bar) I get some diffs
> but not all the changes, and not the changeas I've made to .c files and such
> things as Makefile.in. What am I doing wrong, or not doing?

I'm not quite sure that I'm right but I would like to know. I had a
similar experience but I didn't bother much because it was a local package
only. I suspected that dpkg-buildpackage had missed the original source
because it wasn't named correctly and I didn't specify one explicitly. So
dpkg-buildpackage assumed there was no upstream version and of course
could not generate diffs against that.

--
Manfred Wassmann
PGP and GnuPG public keys available at http://germany.keyserver.net