Re: question about libraries in packages.

>>"Aubin" == Aubin Paul <aubin@punknews.org> writes:

 Aubin> Hmm... I'm actually quite familiar with CVS (we use it extensively at
 Aubin> work) So, the idea would be that I'd keep the pristine sources in a
 Aubin> branch, apply my changes in a 'version' and maintain the debian/ stuff
 Aubin> in another branch? Sounds good, but I've usually just made my changes,
 Aubin> made a diff, and patched the source with the diff and the debian/
 Aubin> stuff. I suppose as I maintain more complex changes, it might be
 Aubin> useful?

	cvs-buildpackage defaults to putting the pristine sources on
 the vendor branch (1.1.1), and the debian revions are on the trunk. I
 generally tend to create branches for my packages at freeze times; so
 I have a hamm branch, a slink branch, a potato branch for most of my
 packages.

	Most of the other issues can be handled with proper use of tags ..

	manoj
--
Upon the hearth the fire is red, Beneath the roof there is a bed; But
not yet weary are our feet, Still round the corner we may meet A
sudden tree or standing stone That none have seen but we alone. Still
round the corner there may wait Tree and flower and leaf and grass, A
new road or a secret gate, Let them pass!  Let them pass! And though
we pass them by today Hill and water under sky, Tomorrow we may come
this way Pass them by!  Pass them by!  And take the hidden paths that
run Towards the Moon or to the Sun, Home is behind, the world ahead,
Apple, thorn, and nut and sloe, And there are many paths to tread Let
them go!  Let them go!  Through shadows to the edge of night, Sand and
stone and pool and dell, Until the stars are all alight.  Fare you
well!  Fare you well!  Then world behind and home ahead, We'll wander
back to home and bed.  Mist and twilight, cloud and shade, Away shall
fade!  Away shall fade!  Fire and lamp, and meat and bread, And then
to bed!  And then to bed!  -- J. R. R. Tolkien