question about libraries in packages.

Hi,

Actually, I lied, one of my two questions is about libraries, but I
have two questions.

1) I'm currently packing snoopy, it's an execve logger, it overrides
the default execve behaviour in libc, with an LD_PRELOAD, and logs all
executed commands. Anyhow, the upstream version installs into /lib,
since it's for libc.. however, does it go there in a deb or into
/usr/lib? It's not explicitly required for a bootup, so is that how
the decision is made?

2) If I make a bug-fix, and submit it upstream, do I have to wait for
the upstream version to apply my fix, or can I just apply it myself.
(In one of my packages, there were some GTK warnings, so I fixed
those, and sent a patch to the upstream guy, but can I just apply them
now, as part of my .diff?)

Thanks,

Aubin

--
"PUNK IS: a belief that this world is what we make of it, truth comes from our
understanding of the way things are, not from the blind adherence to