Re: deleting uploads via queue

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Julian Gilbey wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 11:46:26PM +0100, Ove Kaaven wrote:
> > I've packaged and uploaded gmime packages (libgmime0 and libgmime-dev),
> > but since auric was down, I had uploaded it into the queue daemon on
> > samosa. Now the daemon installed my stuff into ftp-master (auric), but I
> > just discovered that I put the wrong section into libgmime0 (it should be
> > libs, but it contains devel). And since the files in ftp-master's incoming
> > is owned by troup because of the queue daemon, I can't just rm these and
> > upload anew... I suppose I could file a bugreport if the ftp maintainers
> > add the package with the wrong section override, but I'd rather not cause
> > them extra work with my misguided upload if I can help it... so how would
> > I remove this package from incoming?
>
> Once a package has been uploaded for more than about 60 seconds, don't
> try replacing it with a new package with the same version number.
> Just upload a new version with the correct information.  Incidentally,
> I don't know whether katie bothers looking at the information in the
> package itself; I know the old dinstall didn't.  Have a look at the
> overrides files on ftp-master.  (I don't off-hand remember where they
> are kept, though.)

But it's not in the overrides file yet... it's a completely new package,
that was the point of this... if it wasn't new, the section in the debs
wouldn't matter much, but for new packages, the section information in the
new package would be valuable for the ftp maintainers that add it to the
override, I think... and I didn't want them to add it to the wrong section
first and then force them to change it later... would uploading a new
version be sensible for complete new packages that has never before been
in debian (except for incoming, obviously)?