Re: First Install

> Okay, a blatantly obvious question from a complete newbie to
> Linux.

Tip 1:  post on debian-user not debian-mentors.  debian-mentors is for
        new Debian developers not new debian users.

> If I was to install a new
> hard drive as a slave. Install Linux on that how would I go about
> formatting it? (I assume I take windows HD out, make Linux
> primary master, boot and install.)

Nah, you can just put in the secondary drive and intall Debian onto that.
It's a straight forward procedure.  Just pick the right drive from the
menu in the installer.

> The next problem would be with the LILO system, how does that
> work across separate harddrives?

Not a problem.  The master boot record has to get written to the first
drive, but it can contain a reference to the second drive.

Eric