missing bug report email messages

Hi,

I'm a relatively new Debian maintainer, and I've now had several bugs filed
against some of my packages for which I never received email notification.
I've also had bugs filed for which I have received notification.  I
was just wondering if anyone else out there was having problems with bug
notifications or if it's just me.

For example, my package cabextract 0.1-1 had one (big) bug for which three
different people were kind enough to submit bug reports (82870,82887,
83237) as well as one unrelated bug (82794).  Out of these four reports,
I only received notification for 83237, the others entered the bug tracking
system silently.  I noticed similar problems with bugs filed against
one of my other packages.

It seems to me that there's a time window between the upload of a new
package and the BTS's awareness of who that package belongs to.  If a
user files a report during the first few days of the existence of a new
package, the reports don't get sent.

Is this a known problem?

Eric