Re: Security upgrade for potato by new major version and distro change?

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 03:49:22AM -0600, Scott Dier wrote:
> * Christian Hammers <ch@westend.com> [010122 02:38]:
> > > You should always be able to backport a patch.  If not, I'm sorry, but that
> > > this should be one quality of a Debian maintainer, you lack something...
> > Martin? It it the quality of a Debian maintainer to find the right line(s) in
> > a 100k C/C++ patch and moreover feeling sure enough about it to say that this

> http://www.debian.org/devel/constitution
> That reads a bit like:
> If you've got anything good to advance the project.  Do it.

This is correct but has nothing to do with the topic <g>
Martin sounded a bit like if he were complaining about my lack to backport
a patch for a database engine consisting of many C/C++ lines to another
version. Whereas I was of the opinion that it is nice if some programmer could
do this but this ability is not regarded as "required" by a maintainer.

but lets drop this topic, we're getting boring.

bye,

    -christian-

--
 	codito ergo sum - I code, therefore I am!