Re: package from .src.rpm ?

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Timshel Knoll wrote:

) Hi,
)
) I'm looking at packaging glide3, which comes in a .src.rpm format.
) The .src.rpm contains 3 files (when unpacked with:
) rpm2cpio <rpmfile> | cpio -i), 3dfx.gif, Glide3.10.tar.gz and
) Glide_V3-DRI-3.10.spec.
)
) What's the best way of packaging this? I'm intending using Doogie's
) build system for this (as how glide 2 is done), am I best to include
) the whole .src.rpm and unpack it (using rpm2cpio | cpio -i) during
) the build process, or just include the .tar.gz file?
)
) Any suggestions/comments appreciated.
I'd say just go with the tar.gz the spec file is just used when making an
RPM, and the gif is included as X rpm tools can display custom icons for
each package
)
) Thanks,
)
) Timshel
)
)

--
"The Information Superhighway made it possible for the average person
to find out what some nerd thinks about Star Trek"

http://lit.compsoc.com/
http://www.litsu.ie/