Re: Using DebConf

peter karlsson wrote:
> db_input high <program>/license || true
>
> to postinst

That line does not appear in a postint. It's pointless, because there is
no db_go to make it be displayed. Worse, the postinst should not be
displaying stuff to the user, the config script should.

, and added a very simple config file:

> #!/usr/bin/perl
>
> use Debian::DebConf::Client::ConfModule ':all';
> version('2.0');
> title('<Program>');
>
> beginblock;
>
> input('high', '<program>/license');
>
> endblock;
>

> However, this does not work, and I can't figure out why. Any help would be
> appreciated!

You missed a "go;" at the end of the config script. Debconf builds up
items and does not prompt the user for any of them until told.

--
see shy jo