Re: InterBase update

On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 12:15:02AM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > > /opt/interbase/include/gds.f
> > > /opt/interbase/include/gds.hxx
> > > /opt/interbase/include./perf.h
> > > /opt/interbase/include/interbase.a
>
> /usr/include/interbase for the include files, I would guess.  Possibly
> even /usr/include directly, but that doesn't necessarily make sense.
> Your call.

> Isn't interbase.a a library file?  If so, then it should
> go in /usr/lib or /usr/lib/interbase.

If it goes into /usr/lib/interbase it doesn't get into the default ld.so
library path. I guess we really need to know whether this is an internal or
external library, i.e. should something outside Interbase link to it or not.

> Looks fine.  But why has ib_util.so got no version number?  That might
> cause problems....

Sounds like something that will be used only by Interbase and be
dlopen()ed... if I'm right, then it needs to move into a subdirectory,
/usr/lib/interbase/.