Re: what creates a Packages{,.gz} etc. file ?

I have a question related to this one as well. Is there an automated tool/method
to generate an override file from a directory of debs?  I would prefer to use a
tool to build the bulk of the file initially.

If a tool does not exist, (dpkg-distaddfile is close) and if you (debian
community) believe it would be useful, I could create it.
Let me know, thanks!
Fred.

Jordi Mallach wrote:

> On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 05:30:00PM +1000, Andrew J Cosgriff wrote:
> > dpkg-scanpackages was it.  I missed it when I did a "man -k Packages".
>
> Related to this, I have a question also.
> One friend has a new hard drive and wants to copy his 3 unofficial potato
> CDs into it, and make them aptable. So I copied the CDs on a
> debian/dist/{m,c,n-f,n-u} tree and I guess I only need to run
> dpkg-scanpackages on each directory to generate the Packages files. The
> problem is I don't know which is the overrides file in the CDs. Is it
> necessary?
>
> An example would be the best help.
>
> --
> Jordi Mallach Pérez || jordi@pusa.informat.uv.es   || Rediscovering Freedom,
> ka Oskuro in RL-MUD || jordi@sindominio.net        || Using Debian GNU/Linux
>
> http://sindominio.net  GnuPG public information:      pub  1024D/917A225E
> telnet pusa.uv.es 23   73ED 4244 FD43 5886 20AC  2644 2584 94BA 917A 225E

Fred Harju <fredh@corel.com>
Software Developer
Corel Corporation

Take your office suite performance to an exciting new level. Check it out at
http://www.corel.com/featuresinaction

begin:vcard
n:Harju;Fred
tel;work:613-728-0826 x5669
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://linux.corel.com
org:Corel Corporation;Linux Engineering
adr:;;1600 Carling Ave.;Ottawa;ON;K1Z 8R7;Canada
version:2.1
email;internet:fredh@corel.com
title:Software Developer
fn:Fred Harju